The benefits of using yoga for health are many. In fact, there are very few systems or parts of the body that won’t benefit from practicing yoga.
It will help your health both physically and mentally, helping you to become stronger, calmer and healthier. Below is an infographic that highlights 10 good health reasons to get started with yoga today.
Yoga for Health: 10 Reasons Why It’s Worth It
- Scientific research shows that only 8 weeks of yoga can improve concentration and motivation.
- Improves blood circulation to the brain improving focus and memory skills.
- Greatly reduces stress and anxiety and helps alleviate depression.
- Regular practice helps control the secretion of hormones in the body. This helps to balance and improve overall physical and emotional health.
- Yoga poses support the building of a strong lymphatic system that boosts immunity and eliminates toxins from the body.
- Reduces risk for heart disease and diminishes symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, allergies, arthritis, asthma, cancer, migraines and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Offers cardio, flexibility, strength training, muscle toning, bone strengthening, balance training and improved posture.
- Dominates the sub cortex part of the brain that is associated with well-being.
- The controlled breathing provides practitioners with more energy following workouts and less fatigue than other forms of exercise.
- Promotes healthy blood circulation and boosts blood flow that results in healthier organs, brain and skin